Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dell Brings Back XP

Dell is bringing back Windows XP as an option for customers after they complained about not wanting to be stuck with Vista.

I had a related problem earlier this year when I needed to buy several HP PCs for the company I work for (on a tight budget, unfortunately). At one point I need one immediately (by the next day) and all the major retail stores were mainly carrying PCs with Windows XP Media Edition, which can't be upgraded to XP Pro. I ended up finding CDW, which has next-day shipping and a variety of operating systems (mostly XP Pro, which suited me perfectly). They also have great customer support but their prices seem a bit higher than others. Other options were Direct Dial, who's support page sadly consists of a list of links to manufacturers'websites, and Frontier PC. All three have a selection far superior to places like Future Shop and Best Buy, though.

No comments: