Sunday, December 23, 2007

Midnight Shopping and A Christmas Present for Mom

With so many stores open 24-hours a day now (see this post for Zellers, The Bay, and Walmart locations open all night), I wonder how many people are actually shopping in the middle of the night? I'm almost curious enough to go to one of those stores at 3AM just to see how many people are there... almost... LOL. So few stores stay open around the clock in Canada, I wonder if we're ready for it!

I went to Future Shop today and finally bought my mother's present. My mother likes to paint but turns her nose up at digital painting (though she has expressed curiosity toward it). So, is it snobbery or is it fear of a foreign concept? Betting on the latter, I bought her a Wacom Bamboo 5.8 x 3.7 USB Tablet With Mouse for $129.99 (all tablets seem to be out of stock online but store locations appear to have plenty). If you haven't heard of them, it's a flat tablet that comes with both a regular cordless mouse and a pen mouse. The pen allows more control for digital painting and handwriting. There's also a tablet without a mouse (pen only) for $89.99, which I think is a great price. I never use the mouse on the one I have, just the pen. When not using the pen, I put a mousepad over the tablet and use an optical mouse (don't like wireless mice!).

No comments: