Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Thank you,, for diverting my order without telling me :(

Oh Chapters. Thou hast disappointed me.

On Wednesday, Dec. 19, I was on the phone with my mother. She was in a Chapters store shopping for Christmas presents and I was looking at the Chapters website and we were noticing the huge difference in prices in-store vs online. I suppose this has a lot to do with the fact that has to compete with

Plastered all over was information about their "quick ship" option which provided next-day shipping to certain cities on selected books. Well, I said to my mother, I live in one of those cities so let me order those books for you and we can get them by Dec 24th. The 5 books cost about $40.00 less to buy online.

Thursday... no delivery.
Friday... no delivery.
Saturday (Dec. 22)... I get an email saying the items have been shipped.

Okay, so they'll arrive Monday, right?


Wednesday, Dec. 26, I sent them a message asking where my order was. They issued a fast response, which was momentarily encouraging. Then I read the message and found that they were "pleased to inform" me that they weren't able to deliver my order to my address but "successfully" forwarded it to a store location on Dec. 24th.

Um, so what? Does this mean I'm supposed to pick it up now or that it's being returned? More communication please!

I replied (sent to to ask this question and to say that no one notified me regarding my package so I was unable to retrieve it before Christmas. I also asked for a refund on the shipping charges since my order wasn't delivered as promised (they in fact HAVE successfully delivered to this address before!) and I wasn't even contacted about it.

That reply was sent Dec. 26th. No response yet.

I suppose I'll have to contact them again via their website.

I still haven't had a chance to pick up the package (assuming it's there for me to pick up). Luckily my mum is very understanding. More so than me. Next time I'm shopping at

Edit: I just noticed that the last time I posted was Dec. 26th and it was links to sales at Amazon. Now you can see what was on my mind that day. lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful article. Thanks for supplying these details.

Here is my web-site bonaventura